Pages

Thursday 12 May 2016

New prefect recount

FullSizeRender.jpgOn Friday the 6th of May the brand new prefect was announced to the whole of Pt England school. I was already aware that the new prefect would be announced, thanks to my friend Marilyn! As I made my way to our school hall for assembly, my head was full of thoughts about who would be selected. I couldn’t wait to find out! Once assembly was nearly finished the word new prefect slipped out of our associate principals mouth, I sat up, my ears alert and ready to hear the new prefects name… And the new prefect is George Puepuemai!!!


As soon as this name was called I spotted George excitedly jogged up to the front of the hall and everyone clapping along. I was really happy for him because he was a being a good leader at camp and I can’t wait to see what he does as prefect. Also to my surprise George’s whole family was there and traveled up to the front and stood in a long line next to George. I really loved how his whole family came to support him and they gave him all sorts of stuff such as chocolate, money and lots of hugs! He is really lucky to have such a kind family.


This years topic for our entire school is to make kindness go viral and Georges family was definitely showing it! If I was the one receiving all those gifts and hugs, it would have made me soooo happy that I would fly all the way to the moon and back. I think everyone should feel that way, It took a while for Georges whole family took a little while to come up and congratulate George.


Watching Georges family showed me that every family should support each other and show that they care about one another, because its important to do that or else it would be a sad family. Once everyone in Georges family had seen George, one of the women gave our associate principal a flower necklace. Then they all made their way back to their seats with George our new prefect.


To finish things off I will share with you 2 ways to show kindness at home or in your class room. First you could say nice things to other people and be polite to one another. I can’t wait to see what George will come up with as prefect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.