Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

The hare and the Tortise

Hi there, my name is Speedy. I am very fast and I have long long legs. I could  beat everyone who lived on the  farm in a race. But one day when I was hopping around in the farm I saw the tortise watching me,so I hopped next to the tortise,is that all you do, I said “nod all day long and not do any running I would get bored out of my mind“ the tortoise did not reply he just stood there eating a leaf  very slowly. Then came the fox he was a big know it all and he said “ don’t you know that the tortise  hibernates”  what !? It means that he sleeps for the whole of winter,said the fox. Ha! he must be the laziest animal alive well its not fair to say that he is alive.  Then  the fox said I will lay a race not a long way just up that hill and back “sure I would win any way” I said to the fox.







So it was decided they would both meet at the farm gate at sun rise. On the day of the race everyone on the farm came to see the me  and the tortise. The crows flew in the sky to keep an eye on the racer’s and the cows were eating grass like always but you never know what they might be thinking about you. Then the fox came next to him was the badger and the rat If I won the fox would have to do badger and the rat a month of favours and if the tortise won the they  would have to do a month of favours for the fox “the fox must have bumped his head to make a silly bet like that I would win for sure”  I said  in my head. Then the fox called out “ Ready Steady Go!” I ran as fast as my  legs could carry me after a while I looked behined me and saw the tortise just  half way on the first feid. I started to run up the hill it got a bit harder then I check on the tortise he was only on the 2nd fe. So I stopped to have a rest and close my eyes for a bit and how nice was it to just rest and take it easy then I fell fast asleep. One hour later.... Oh what a nice nap back to the race I said. But when I got there the badger and the rat gave me a mad look how lazy are you sleeping on the race said rat the tortise left and now we own fox a month of favours. This story was told by the hare.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.