Pages

Friday 8 April 2016

Fiafia 2016

My head was filled with excited thoughts about our Fiafia concert. Every two years at Point England school we have a big cultural concert, where all of the students who attend Point England school get to select a dance group they appealing to them, like Niuean, Samoan, Hip hop and lots of others. This year I have chosen to be in the Samoan group. I selected this group because this is my culture and I enjoy dancing the Samoan style because its so graceful and fun.

On Wednesday and the school is going to walk through all of the groups, tomorrow night at 7pm is when we do the real thing! I’m sooooo excited to dance and show my culture to the world!!!! I am not nervous at all! I have been doing this ever since I first started at Point England school.

For Fiafia the school sets up a big stage on the field, for us to dance on. The stage is big and there is a big tarpaulin above the stage so if it rains the performers will not get wet. On our school court you can buy a space to put up a stall to sell food and drinks. I can’t wait to see all the wonderful food and taste them! I really want to buy a delicious, sweet and crunchy TOFFEE APPLE! Even though I am not very fond of apples, I love how the toffee makes it very satisfying.

Yesterday was the real thing and it was amazing! I enjoyed soooo much, and I was a little upset that I didn't get a toffee apple :(. My favorite groups were all the hip hop groups, they were really cool and I liked the songs and the energy they put into the dance! I can't wait to go there next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.