Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Lucy Let the Games Begin writing

The Games have begun! The Glasgow Commonwealth Games have started. I am so excited to see the New Zealand team compete in the games I hope they win loads of medals! Did you know that the Commonwealth Games happen every four years and that in 1974 New Zealand held the Games in Christchurch.



I love to swim! At the games I found out that in the womens 400m freestyle Lauren Boyle in the New Zealand team came first and won a gold medal! When I grow up I would like to win a medal for swimming. I can't wait to see what New Zealand does next.

Valerie Adam ever heard of her? Well if not I will tell you she is a shot put champion and has won a lot of medals. She is from New Zealand and has won a gold medal for the Commonwealth games and the olympics. She is 29 years old and was born in Rotorua.  She is also a four time world champion.

Did you hear about the silver ferns? They are going on to the Finals of the Commonwealth netball! They won against England when they had only six minutes left by one point! They are going to verse Australia I hope they win the gold Medal.

New Zealand is doing great in the Commonwealth I don't care if we lose it only matters if they do there best. I think Commonwealth games was a great idea because it brings people together from all over the world.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.