Pages

Monday 7 November 2016

Science Investigation - Fair testing

Science Investigation
Fair Testing
Fill out the following table to help you explain the Growing in the dark: Plants and light experiment

Aim - what are you trying to find out?
Can plants grow in the dark?
Hypothesis - what do you think your results will be?
I predict that the plant in the cupboard will not grow because plants need sun to grow big and strong.
Independent Variable - what variable will you change?
I will not change anything..
Dependent Variable - what variable will you measure?
I will measure how tall the plant grows in the light and in the dark.
Controlled Variable - what variables will you keep the same?
I will make the type of plant and soil the same. I will use the same type of seed and soil to complete this experiment.

The students of Room 4 wanted to find out what color of bird feeders birds preferred. Fill our the table below thinking of which variables you would make independent, dependent and controlled.



Aim - what are you trying to find out?
What color of bird feeders do birds prefer?
Hypothesis - what do you think your results will be?
I predict that birds do prefer colors because it is said that birds can see more color than humans the birds she be drawn to a bright and colorful bird feeder.
Independent Variable - what variable will you change?
The one and only thing I will change is the color of each bird feeder.
Dependent Variable - what variable will you measure?
The thing I will measure is the amount of birds that go to each bird feeder.
Controlled Variable - what variables will you keep the same?
One of the things I will keep the same is the shape of the bird house and the type of wood I will use because the birds won’t see it since it will be covered in paint. Another I will keep the same is the type of bird food that goes into the bird feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.